Publicly Available Research
This page provides an overview and links to some of the publicly available research about the Dutch residential mortgage market and Consumer Loan Market.
Statistics Netherlands publishes statistics on house prices and construction (building permits, completed homes).
Statline - the statistics database of Statistics Netherlands
The Dutch Land Registry publishes information on house prices, number of transactions, and foreclosures.
Real estate figures - Property prices, transactions, and foreclosures by the Land Registry (Dutch)
The Dutch association of real estate brokers (NVM) publishes time series statistics on house prices.
The Dutch Central Bank publishes statistics on Dutch banks and households (e.g. mortgage loan production and mortgage loan debt).
General research on the Dutch residential mortgage market
- Dutch Housing Market update (pages 48-57) - ING (January 2017)
- Fixed Income Watch: Insight into Dutch mortgages - ABN AMRO (30 November 2015)
- Housing market monitor January 2017 - ABN AMRO. Report on the performance of the Dutch housing market and a forecast for future performance.
- Dutch housing & mortgage market Q&A - ABN AMRO (29 Jan. 2014)
- Mortgage Market Update (Q4, 2016; Dutch) - IG&H
- Dutch Housing Market - ING (1 December 2015)
- Dutch Housing Market Quarterly - Rabobank. Quarterly report on the performance of the Dutch housing market and a forecast for future performance (February 2017).
- Housing Market Bulletin: Lower LTV's for Dutch mortgages - Rabobank (13 April 2015)
- Housing Market Bulletin: Dutch Rental Market - Rabobank (17 September 2014)
General research on the Dutch Consumer Loan Market
Credit Rating Agencies
- Netherlands rating reports (latest: August 2016)
- Comparing UK and Dutch Interest-Only Mortgages
- Dutch Mortgage Market Index
- Netherlands: Portfolio Review
- Stichting WEW: Full rating report (23 October 2015)
- Global Housing and Mortgage Outlook 2016
Moody's Investors Service
- Stichting Waarborgfonds Eigen Woningen (WEW)
- Dutch mortgage market's recovery prospects strengthen following sales surge (8 July 2015)
- Dutch Housing Market is Recovering but Tighter Mortgage Criteria will Limit House Price Rises in 2015
- Fewer Dutch "mortgage prisoners" owing to house price rises and low interest rate (19-4-2016)
Standard & Poor's
- Europe's Housing Market Continues To Recover Amid Extended QE (15-02-2017)
- Low Lending Rates Keep Europe's Housing Markets' Recovery on Track - Netherlands page 17-20 (4-8-2016)
- Long-Term Ratings On The Netherlands Raised to AAA On Stronger-Than-Expected Economic Growth Prospects Outlook Stable (20-11-2015)