This page provides an overview and links to some of the publicly available research about the Dutch residential mortgage market and Consumer Loan Market.
Statistics Netherlands publishes statistics on house prices and construction (building permits, completed homes).
Statline - the statistics database of Statistics Netherlands
The Dutch Land Registry publishes information on house prices, number of transactions, and foreclosures.
Real estate figures - Property prices, transactions, and foreclosures by the Land Registry (Dutch)
The Dutch association of real estate brokers (NVM) publishes time series statistics on house prices.
The Dutch Central Bank publishes statistics on Dutch banks and households (e.g. mortgage loan production and mortgage loan debt).
General research on the Dutch residential mortgage market
- WOX Quarterly - Calcasa; Housing market developments - 4rd quarter 2018
- Housing market monitor April 2019 - ABN AMRO: More signs of cooling
- Dutch Housing Market Quarterly - Rabobank. (February 2019).
- Dutch Housing Market update (pages 59-71) - ING (October 2018)
- Mortgage Market Update - IG&H (Q1, 2019; Dutch)
- Fixed Income Watch: Insight into Dutch mortgages - ABN AMRO (30 November 2015)
- Housing Market Bulletin: Lower LTV's for Dutch mortgages - Rabobank (13 April 2015)
- Housing Market Bulletin: Dutch Rental Market - Rabobank (17 September 2014)
- Dutch housing & mortgage market Q&A - ABN AMRO (29 Jan. 2014)
General research on the Dutch Consumer Loan Market
Currently no research available
Credit Rating Agencies
- The Dutch Housing Market: Booming Amid Modest Mortgage Lending – Risks to Financial Stability Contained (Mar 4, 2019)
- DBRS Publishes Dutch Residential Mortgage Analysis and Case Studies Commentary (Mar 22, 2018)
- Mortgage Market Index - Netherlands 1H18 18 September 2018
- Netherlands - Full Rating report 30 November 2018
- Netherlands - Ratings Navigator 21 November 2018
- Stichting Waarborgfonds Eigen Woningen 07 June 2018
- Global Home Price Growth under Pressure 15 January 2019
- European Home Price Growth to Slow in 2019 15 January 2019
- Global Housing and Mortgage Outlook - 2019 15 January 2019
Moody's Investors Service
- RMBS and CMBS - EMEA: Energy efficiency targets will weaken the credit quality of noncompliant real estate (January 2019)
- RMBS – Europe: Anglo-Dutch mortgage market trends will extend into other countries (May 2018)
- RMBS - The Netherlands: Share of interest-only loans in mortgage pools continues to decrease, credit positive (March 2018)
- RMBS - The Netherlands: Standardised origination and tight affordability limits benefit new mortgage credit quality (February 2018)
- New NHG Conditions Improve Clarity on Guarantee Coverage and Strengthen Alignment of Interests, Credit Positives for Dutch RMBS (October 2014)
- Performance of NHG Loans Backing Dutch RMBS Will Remain Strong in 2014 (March 2018)
- Stichting Waarborgfonds Eigen Woningen (WEW)
Standard & Poor's
- European Structured Finance Outlook 201: Issuance Still Hampered By Regulatory Uncertainty (14-01-2019)
- The Netherlands Ratings Affirmed at ‘AAA/A-1+’; outlook stable (16-11-2018)
- Europe's Housing Market Continues To Recover Amid Extended QE (15-02-2017)
- Low Lending Rates Keep Europe's Housing Markets' Recovery on Track - Netherlands page 17-20 (4-8-2016)